Making New Connections in Sydney
Here’s how we know the event was a success:
• The number of senior business leaders who actually attended most sessions (a rarity nowadays)
• The very high number of books bought per person at the store – we had arranged just the right set of books selected for the 5 tracks emerging within this discipline
• Over one third of attendees registered for membership of the Institute, giving them an opportunity to stay connected
• Sales of DVD’s from the first summit, released in Sydney
• Strong participation in the self-organizing ‘connection sessions’.
• The fabulous comments from participants about the world class speakers
The new design of the event, based on feedback from the first summit, was more inclusive, and allowed for significant time for participants to digest the ideas, connect with each other and talk with the experts.
The format modeled how the brain likes to learn (intense bursts, then rest, with processes for integration such as informal and small group discussion time.)
And finally there was the great location (yes, the view in the picture was the view from the deck where we had every break) and the perfect weather, the first good weather of spring.
If you couldn’t make it to the Sydney Summit, you can order a digital summary of the event. This includes audio recordings of most sessions, as well as many of the slides and other resources. (This will be sent on a flash disk.) There is also a full audio summary of this event, and other audio resources here.